If you’re like most FedEx contractors who are new to the selling process, you probably have a lot of questions for business brokers. I’m often asked, how can a business broker help me sell my business? Taking on this massive challenge alone could lead you to neglect your current business, get a lower asking price, and could leave you in a legal bind. Navigating the Fedex approval process is where our expertise comes into play!
At Capital Route Brokers, Inc. we are a group of current and former contractors who have years of experience running FedEx Ground, Home Delivery, and Line Haul businesses. Unlike some of our competitors who sell a bread route one day, a restaurant the next day, then sell a FedEx route here and there, we deal EXCLUSIVELY with FedEx routes and we will NEVER sell any other businesses!
With our expertise of actually running the routes, and the relationships we’ve made over the years, many of which we keep in contact with. We have industry leaders looking to expand their existing contract base across the country, and get our sellers a fair price for their business.
The first thing we do is get your basic information from you. How long you’ve been in business? How many routes/runs do you have? With this information we receive from you we complete a business valuation at no charge to you! This will identify how much your business is worth, and will give us an idea of what kind of buyer we should seek out for your business.
How long will it take to sell my business? On average it takes 6 months to a year to sell any FedEx business. It’s all about coming to the market prepared! I would suggest any seller have their CPAs help them prepare their financials for Buyers to review. Most Buyers in the market want to see the following:
- 3 years of 1099s
- 3 years of Tax returns 1120s
- 1 year of settlement data.
- A list of vehicles including make, model, year, mileage, and photos.
- List of drivers (Initials to keep private) and weekly payroll data.
- P&D operators a list of zip codes. Line Haul operators a list of runs.
- Business valuation displaying total cash benefits to the owner with notes.
- W-3 Transmittal of Wages and Tax statement, Fuel receipts (Usually on settlements), Insurance provider invoice, OP-108 Monthly FedEx Maintenance Records (1 year), M-009 Report of Vehicle Inspections.
- Be sure to go to our home page, bottom right, click on the route selling process to see the overall process of selling routes.
If you are prepared to sell your business and, you have clean transparent numbers, we can sell your routes in a matter of months! Give us a call today to discuss your business. All calls are 100% confidential! Our staff will answer your call between the hours of 9am to 5pm eastern time Monday through Friday! 770-726-0149